Friday, May 07, 2010

Day 2


Until I stop keeping track, I'll stop numbering the days :)

a continuation from the last post, smells are definitely a huge part of my life. not saying that I'm overtly sensitive and princess-like that i can't handle bad smells and like flowery smells only.nope nope nope.like they say, smells evoke memories. they remind you of things, whether you like it or not, when it was a good memory....or not...if you had to identify yourself with a scent,what would it be?every since I first discovered Vanilla Musk,from Avon, thanks to my Mom, I'm addicted to anything Vanilla.Not the cheap faded off smell or the flavour though.
almost all the scents I've had has at least a slight tinge of Vanilla or has a vanilla base. Why? I don't quite know. Vanilla always had this versatile quality about it. It's not too playful for formal events and not the serious for a casual day. It's an in-between scent, adapting to the moment, making you think of fresh baked cookies with vanilla essence, and yet of comfortable comfy cushions and pillows. It reminds me of smooth sheets and fluffy pillows.

I like smelling things that remind me of eating, like the scent of hot chocolate, the aroma of baking cookies, warm potatoes in their jackets, hot caramel pop corn, buttered corn, butterscotch bread.....all things lovely to me. Smells govern most days of mine, like I can't leave the house or go anywhere without a spritz or at least not without my regular lotion. I'm not so much as concerned of what people smell, but what i smell of myself (philosophical much? heh) Hygiene is a new issue altogether so we won't go there.

But what of negative scents? like the smell of trash? the smell of death? oddly though, i feel the smell of decay is somehow, cloyingly sweet. not the sweetness of flowers and puppies sweet, but like....an over-powering uncomfortable sweetness that chokes yet mysteriously draws me in a cold invisible grasp and refuses to let go. it doesn't make me retch or will nauseous, but it's a terrifying realization of how nature moves on without you.


I'm creeping myself out with just the talk of smells....


No comments:

Post a Comment