Tuesday, September 28, 2010

everything about you



ever loved a song so much yu got the album only to find the rest just wasn't as good? i have personal favs of which..i LURVVEEEE the entire album...save one or two songs but i dont hate em, i just might not adore them as much... but thts only like 0.0001% of the issue.SO here Goes MY FAVOURITE ALBUMS list:

1.MICHELLE BRANCH

-"Spirit Room" (2001)
Maybe you might say that everything in this album sounds the same,but it is really all about her lyrics and play of words. Almost all the songs move me lyrically, whether it is about regrets or love or just simple friendship.


- "Hotel Paper" (2003)
I was ecstatic about this album because a dear friend got the original for me for my 15th birthday!(the birthday i got 4 cds but this is my ultimate fave really). The music... she just grew with this one. The earnestness only grew more matured and had even more depth.


2.OWL CITY
-"Ocean Eyes" (2009)
the quirky lyrics.poppy.cutesy beats.need i say more?

3.DC TALK
-"Supernatural"
I read 'The Chronicles of Narnia' to this album on loop. Kinda gave me a soundtrack to my favourite series in the worlddddd.... sigh...not to mention they quite fell in place with each other.it was a very personal and emotional experience for me,especially while growing up.it was all very spiritual somehow.


4.SNOW PATROL
- "Final Straw" (2003)

-"Eyes Open" (2006)
Both had the kind of vibe that keeps you in a moment, but i much preferred Eyes Open as the flow of the album really gelled well. The intensity of 'Run', 'Set Fire to the Third Bar' and 'The Finish Line' was breathtaking. In fact, im listening to Set Fire while i'm typing this... such the awesome combination of vocals to portray such longing.
i sleep well to both albums :D:D


off the top of my head,that's all for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment