Tuesday, June 08, 2010

instead....




Woke up feeling crappy and tired out, D Foo suggested i blog out my crappy feelings to make myself feel better, but i don't think that's a good idea. So i think i'm going to talk about one thing that makes me happy :)

::BOOKS::

I love books! i love the way it smells, the sound it makes, the feel of a nice leather bound in your hand.

Blame it on TV and Foley sounds, but i'm sure you would recall detective movies where they are going through files, flipping paper and there's this sound it makes, a crisp flip from the corner of the page, revealing another behind it as more shuffling of paper can be heard off screen. I know now, that those sound probably couldn't be picked up directly by the mics and cameras on set, but.... the fact they put in minor details like this.... *sighs contentedly*
Growing up i used i shuffle papers and flip pages of Enid Blyton and text books and pretend to be Belle, reading in the library the Beast gave her. Yes, even with my form 3 Sejarah textbook. I love the sound and the feel of flipping a page, the slightly muffled drag across the page, the crisp creaking, it's just all so.... delicious... yes, it's a delicious sound, the kind that opens up a "hunger" cavity for more.


just to touch and turn those pages...


My grandmother's house has a creaky old-fashioned cupboard (another imagination inducing object) filled with grammar and poetry books from olden day vernacular for English. i loved those books! (although, honestly speaking, those hard cover solid books would have been a pain to lug to school every single day) I took some home, although i don't quite have the time to read them completely, just running my hands down its spine, opening it up to read random poems quite satiates me.

booksieeess!!! my precioussss........

Now enough about the outside, it's what's on the inside that counts. and you can't judge a book by it's cover (yada yada yada). I love reading, it's like the best friend you always get into trouble with, heaven knows how many times i've gotten into trouble at school for reading. My headmistress knew who i am thanks to this. i was sat right in front of my teachers so she could watch and monitor me so i won't read in class, and especially while the lesson was going on. i was known among teachers for being the girl with my nose in a book even while i was walking.( a lil rude i admit but i do lower the book when i greet them :(, oh well) I would borrow a couple of books in the morning ( two was the maximum unfortunately) return them at recess, borrow two more and finish them before school was out. and at home, i would be reading everything :( yea..i'm the kid whose mom requested i stop reading for a bit...

i haven't quite gotten to the smell of paper... there's just something homely about musty old books, not those yellow paperback ones though...those leave a weird smell on my fingers. i like old leather bound tomes and have a weakness for hardcovers, those solid ones with smooth, firm paper...

if i ever get rich enough, i want my own Belle's Library

( it would be Annna's Library then wouldn't it? )


i imagine it to be like this:

sexy bookshelf, i imagine myself flouncing around in a dress reading

or this...

a more chic version :)

i guess i covered sounds n smells i liek in this one... i guess i feel happier.... i wish i could get paid to read ...it would be awesome...sigh

*keeps on dreaming*


2 comments: