Monday, April 09, 2012

Globophobia.

This is a story that will cinch the deal on globophobia. It's a real and valid fear. Even though it's a fear many are suffering from, it is still considered an uncommon phobia. Why are people afraid of balloons? For the most part, it more of the fear of it popping. That would be lygirophobia, which is the fear of loud noises.

But today, my story takes a different turn.

My story starts,funnily enough, at the 4th Putrajaya Hot Air Balloon Fiesta on the 17th of March. It was a sunny Saturday morning. Caught a few balloons taking off. Yayness! After watching the big guns go off, it was bazaar time!!! I hunted down my usual hot air balloon fiesta vice : Bubbles

Pretty much this guy when it comes to bubbles.

Never knew bubble hunting could be so frustrating. Now bubble guns are all the trend. What happened to good old bubble blowing the old fashioned way? It's just a little science to it! The fun type of science at that  :(  After much hunting and over priced bubbles, finally found a normal, regular bottle of bubbles.

This stall didn't have it. That stick costs 3 bucks Nuh-uh


Found a lady selling really old stock and she let me have it for rm2. I can't find my picture of it. It was a purple Thomas the train shaped bottle. Creepy, but purple so yay! LET THE BUBBLE BLOWING BEGIN!
EDIT: found the picture of my loot from the fiesta. That's the notebook that fell from the 8tv truck and when i tried to give it back the crew just ignored the book in my outstretched hand. bleh YU! And the glorious Baked cookies. Reminds me of the cookies my mom used to bake. :( They were at FMFA too! And that purple thing in the corner is the bubble bottle! ( which Mikayla wheedled into giving to her a week later D: such a softie)

Moving on, there were 8tv crew, giving out balloons and freebies. Pink balloon makes me fly. Here are pictures of the pink balloon.

Bowties and owls. best combo of the day.

Oh cute pink truck driven by a cute old lady, why you so funny......


I spotted a nice empty, grassy area for an impromptu jump shot op! Glad my outfit of the day allowed me to do that. 
Teal layered top from F.O.S
Army green denim shorts from Brands Outlet 
Purple slim-fit sneakers from All Star (china brand one ar)






Such good times. Fun in the sun, all pink, perky and happy. And as always, I was prepared to say goodbye to it. All good balloon fun comes to an end at some point, usually, very short period of time, it being a balloon and all, mean to burst, deflate after it has served its purpose of momentary fun. Or so I thought.

Left the balloon in J's car since that day. Oddly, for the following weekends, I do see the balloon. and... it strangely never burst despite being left in the car under the sun for more than a week. Day in, day out, heat and rain. Then just this weekend, he dumped it in my car. ok, i guess? 

Picked up some friends later and, I can't quite remember what he said exactly, but I was telling him to be careful of the freaky balloon, and he said something that was to the effect of me getting this balloon recently. I then proceeded to explain when I got it. And there was a slight shock. Because.... this is how it looks like today, 9th of April 2012.


Close to a month after getting the balloon, it still looks the same. Not deflating, didn't burst. Just... like that la


He was saying, "yeah right, if it's that long it would have shrunk by now!"
As you can see, not much difference. It's just a balloon right? Maybe it's a real high quality balloon. Maybe. I hope so. So, for now, I'll let it brood in the back seat of my car, to live out its years accompanied by umbrellas and tissue boxes. Who's to say when its life should end? Who am I to burst it? It's stronger than I gave it credit for definitely.

It somehow scares me. Brings globophobia to a whole new level of pointless and odd.

That concludes the Putrajaya trip and the tale of the Odd Balloon. I do hope its not plotting my demise, sitting in the backseat of my car with all the time in the world.

i hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment